Vampire New Orleans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basic Role-Playing Requirements

Go down

Basic Role-Playing Requirements Empty Basic Role-Playing Requirements

Post  Admin Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:48 am

Posting
Vampire New Orleans is play by post role-playing site. The Role Play is usually 1v1 (the StoryTeller & The Player) though I do encourage our players to interact with the other player characters from time to time.
New Orleans is kinda a small city compared to places like Miami and New York. So the chances of running into other players is high, even if you guys dont belong to the same faction.

As this site is play by post, you may respond to the thread when you have time.
Though the minimum response is at least once a week. Any longer than that I will expect you to be in contact with me to see if you are still interested in playing.
The site has both a Facebook group and a Discord to stay in communication as well as dropping me a line in your character section.

If you happen to be in a thread with another player faster responses might be required so that they are not waiting on the respond and the scene to move along.
As I know that people are not always on the same schedule, I also take into account. The characters may be in different threads in different parts of the timeline of the night to speed up their game play. I have no problems with is.

Basic Role-Playing Requirements Skullb12

Using Quotes

When 3 or more player character's are in a thread together taking turns to respond can get  hectic for some people.
My suggestion is using "quotes" to refer to the portions of the thread you are responding too.
Basic Role-Playing Requirements 20191010
Should look like this..
Text Goes Here
Then you write your reply here

Coloring Speach Text
Basic Role-Playing Requirements Colorc10
[ color=F0F8FF] your Text here [/color ]
*Don't add spaces between the [ ]
:redorb: More Info Can Be Found Here (Click Here)

Quality Writing
Quality writing is expected of all the players on this site.
This means that you do not give one liners to your partner or the Storyteller.
Even if your character has nothing to say you should at least in her monologue, and express is there a thoughts and feelings.
This is a story that we right together it is not one-sided. If you do not give the Storyteller or the other players something to respond to or work with the story cannot move forward.

I'm not looking for a novelist,  but There is at least a paragraph minimum for each response.

Spelling & Grammar
I'm not really concerned with Spelling errors or improper grammar. As long as its some what  legible I'm cool with it.

Editing Posts
I am allowing people to edit their posts, to correct spelling errors and to add more if I feel that it is necessary.   do not abuse this feature.

Rolling Dice
You cannot edit dice rolls. Sorry... No cheating.
Though that being said, I do not require people to roll the dice for every action that they do. If your character has a high enough score in something, oftentimes they can just automatically do it without the fear of failure.

Also having your character specialize in something, negates a single "1"  that come up in the roll. Being that "10s" count already as two successes.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://vampire-new-orleans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum